

Okay, as I promised. I'm gonna post about the race. I did register the day of my last entry which was 10 days before the race. I was extremely nervous the morning of, not to go into too much detail but I made three trips to the restroom before 6:30 a.m. 13.1 miles is a little more than I thought, but I made it anyway. My official time was 2:34. I did walk some, but overall I did okay. I was lapped by the guy finishing the whole marathon, that means when I was on mile 10 he was on mile 23! Holy cow! I just had to laugh and remind myself he does this for a living and I don't! Mario and the kids were waiting patiently at the finish line to cheer me on, (which was SOOO sweet). My Mom and Bob came too, for some reason they couldn't figure out which side of the street each of them were on, but it just made me look really popular when I crossed the finish line! HA! Mario asked me on the way home if I thought I would ever do another race and I told him that was just unfair to be asking that question right then...besides I was feeling a little nauseous to say the least. After about Tuesday, I had decided yes I would definitely do it again. In fact, Renae promised she would do it next year too. I will also make it a point to go and cheer the runners on in the future (of course if I'm not running), it means so much to have support throughout the run.
1 comment:
You go girl! I can't believe you did it! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment