Friday, February 6, 2009

Still Running

Well, I just wanted to give an update on the running. As of last week I had worked my way up to 6.5 miles. Huge accomplishment for me, right? So I planned on doing the BE5K with my friend Renae all along. That was until Melissa at BEKare said she was doing the 5k and half marathon too. I asked her what was the longest distance she had ran and her reply was 7 miles. Well I had done almost that, so I got the bright idea I would try for the half marathon in 10 short days from that moment!!! So I thought about it some more and even asked John Burdett, my neighbor friend who completed an entire marathon a couple of years ago, and his advice was to try 10 miles over the weekend and if I could do that then sure, I could give it a go at it. I did run 10 miles today and I am EXTREMELY tired and my toes hurt? If you've ever seen my toes you probably understand why :). So, I've registered for the Mercedes Half Marathon on February 15. Believe me, if I do this I WILL be blogging about it.

No comments: